Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Well I have TTATS

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and I love Darkness, I Like The Way, Light, Hero, Love and Attraction so far

    as for Popular..well so over it now lol

    and Unlovable, Void and Feel...I NEVER want to play them whilst driving again *cringe*

    sometimes felt I was stuck up in outer space or under the sea [img]eek.gif[/img]

    still listening to the rest and I will give the three I ended up skipping another go another day!

    remembers Kat's wise words! "the real music on this album is Darren's voice"

    Whilst not all I've heard reminds me of SG some certainly does!

    oh and it is such a pretty looking disc [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ September 14, 2004 12:10 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't mind Dublin Sky

    I've listed to Unlovable and the chorus is ok I guess, imagines it with some real *musical instruments* but I can't stand the beginning at all!

    Void...well I can only say I absolutely loathe it, sorry [img]frown.gif[/img] Can't separate his voice from that awful noise...ironic isn't it (considering the lyrics) that I feel like killing that noise!

    My fave so far is I Like The Way [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I know Kat the real music is Darren's voice, lol!

    My expectations were that I would not like all of the album so I'm not surprised at all at how I feel finally hearing all of the songs.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL Barb thats okay I wasnt sure if you could get past some of the music. I mean everyone likes what they likes and we cant help that.

    I adore VOID!!! its like the song I have to play all the time. Just the words and the way he sings it. I love Dublin Sky and Like the Way. I like alot of it actually. His voice which yes I do think is the real music of this album I adore as its back to basics and in that sense it reminds me of early SG style.

    Least you like a few tracks Barb. Im guessing you were a bit of a Spin fan?? that style of music and voice??

    Kat

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah Kat I liked Spin (not loved it) with the exception of Heart Attack and Good Enough [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Is still an Affirmation girl even though I like most of the first SG album (especially TTMAB and Mine) [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Would be interested to hear acoustic versions of Unlovable and Void.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by BarbT:
    yeah Kat I liked Spin (not loved it) with the exception of Heart Attack and Good Enough [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Is still an Affirmation girl even though I like most of the first SG album (especially TTMAB and Mine) [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Would be interested to hear acoustic versions of Unlovable and Void.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL well there you go those two songs were my fave from Spin esp Heartattack.

    Yeah Affa was a great album I still adore it to bits. Yeah I completely love the first album to bits it was a pretty high benchmark to set IMO.

    I did hear an accoustic Unloveable on one of his radio gig shows I dld and accoustic Dublin Sky was beautiful.

    Kat

  6. #6
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know if it's my imagination but I really thought the music seemed less harsh on Unlovable, especially in the introduction from what I remember [img]confused.gif[/img]

    I pretty much love all of it. The ones I'm not so keen on are Ego and Popular. Void is a difficult track to listen to, much more so for me than Unlovable. For some reason I find the lyrics and the music almost physically painful to listen to but that's not to say I don't like the song itself. I'm sure that that white noise type sounds are intended to reflect and illustrate the brutality of the lyrics.

    I'm finding though that each time I listen to the album that the music becomes more assimilated with Darren's voice. I think it possibly takes some getting used to but yes I would agree the real music here is Darren's voice. I think his voice sounds better than ever [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm loving Darkness, I Like the Way, Dublin Sky, Unlovable and Sense of Humour. I think Darren has produced some of his best work on this album, especially lyrically.

    Janie xx

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is a very apt description of the music in Void for me Janie, physically painful, it made me want to stamp hard on it and make it shut up so I could just focus on his voice. To me it doesn't compliment his voice it totally takes over it.

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ September 14, 2004 07:55 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I really liked Heart Attack but I hated Good Enough so what does that say about me?!!! [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL

    Fave track on TTATS is still Darkness [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] but I still loathe Unlovable and fear that I always will. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Darren has produced some of his best work on this album, especially lyrically.

    Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree Janie [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm still trying to put all my thoughts together... been overwhelmed by so many things lately, one of them being this album. But I will share some thoughts soon.

    Although I do have to say quickly.. I loooooooooooooove I Like The Way. LOVE IT!

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ September 14, 2004 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Cazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 7yr old was almost wetting herself from laughing while listening to Void. After she calmed down she told me that one of the noises sounds like a fart [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •